Ball point pen on the morning newsprint
A building boom, big bucks, no viable opposition party and a party boss system… Put-em all together, and bada bing, bada boom, you got your Joisey politics. 44 new faces, same old story. The list of crooked politicians in this state is as long as the Garden State Parkway… and that’s just the ones that were caught! Swing a cat in New Jersey and your bound to hit someone on the take. Continuing the New Jersey Hall Of Shame.
1. Hoboken Mayor, Peter Cammarano III - Charged with taking $25,000 in bribes
2. Ridgfield Mayor, Anthony Suarey - Charged with taking $10,000 in bribes
3. Assemblymann, L. Harvey Smith - Charged with taking $15,000 in bribes
4. Seacacus Mayor, Dennis Elwell - Charged with taking $10,000 in bribes
5. Jersey City Deputy Mayor, Leona Beldini - Charged with taking $20,000 in bribes